Friday 12 May 2017

Shanae Bedford Runner at DNeg

Many congratulations to Shanae Bedford, one of our first year undergraduate students, who has secured a position as a runner at London VFX powerhouse Double Negative.

Getting a summer placement so early in her studies is a great start to her career. We asked Shanae to tell us a little about how she got the position, and how other students might follow in her foosteps.

Shanae Bedford, student at Escape Studios
How did you get the position as runner at DNeg?
Shanae: "I met the recruiters from DNeg at the Escape Studios VFX Festival in February 2017 and let them know I am a Paul Franklin Scholarship Student from Escape Studios and I am interested in any Summer and Post-Grad opportunities they might have. They gave me their email and asked for my showreel and CV.  A few interviews later I got recruited as a 3D Runner for the Summer 2017.

What will you be working on?
Shanae: As a Runner I will not be working on a show. I will be supporting the studio with the day to day running of it, picking up adhoc tasks around the building.

What advice would you give to other students looking to find similar opportunities?
Shanae: Network, network, network. Because I have been so open to opportunities, I put my foot in doors that I did not even know would lead me to success at the time. I met industry professionals that I did not even know would be there. I asked for advice, they offered it to me and I went away and responded to it. Take the constructive criticism from your tutors or current industry professionals and create a show-reel that is a reflection of who you are and what you are capable of.



To find out more about about to secure an internship in the animation industry, read this blog post

The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To find out more about our new BA/MArt, now recruiting for September 2017, follow this link.   To apply, visit the official page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment